Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August Break

Around this time every year I take a week or two off from blogging. There is a lot of planning going on in the library as we head toward the Fall semester, so I'll be back later this month to talk about what we're up to. In the meantime, here are some of the titles on my reading list:

Zeitoun by Dave Eggers - Eggers has a new one out; I'm catching up.

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - This was mentioned here, and apparently it's being made into a movie.

Being Digital by Nicholas Negroponte - Referred to in this post. Again I'm playing catch-up.

Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton Christenson - The New Yorker had a profile of the author recently, & I haven't read this but have been meaning to for a long time.

American Visions : The Epic History of Art in America by Robert Hughes - Hughes passed away earlier this week, and I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't read any of his work. I'm not sure this 600-page tome is the best place to start, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment