Sunday, October 19, 2008

ACRLog, Emerging Leaders, and ALA

(Hunter's Moon, on my way out the door one morning)

Just a short post today, with a few things to report:

1) I've been chosen by ACRLog as one of two bloggers to write about the "First Year Academic Librarian Experience." My first post was this week -- please read it! Thanks to those who have already commented -- I'll be responding during the coming week. 

2) Also this week, I found out I was selected to participate in the New Jersey Library Association's 2008-2009 Emerging Leaders Program. As I'm new to the state, I think it'll be a great orientation to New Jersey's libraries and librarians.

3) I took the plunge and rejoined ALA -- I've only ever had a student membership. I'm also now an official member of ACRL, RUSA, the New Members Round Table (NMRT), and the Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT). Whew! 

I'm expecting some action-packed months ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment